Tuesday, December 7, 2010

That's How We Roll (not just the fat kid kind of roll)

Ward party. Funny. FUNNY. Our apt arrived 30 minutes late because we all have lives and things to do, but we got there JUST in time for everyone to applaud our entrance (okay, so they were clapping for someone who won some gingerbread decorating contest, but w) and a prayer over the food. After sneaking to the front of the line, we flirted with the food server guy, decided to hook Ames up with him, and then giggled to ourselves as everyone around us kept their volume to half of ours. We had a friend that joined us... name slips me. Well, Nelly & Whitney went back for fifths or something, so while they were absent I slipped under the table and waited for their return. Once they were seated, insulted me having to "go to the bathroom" (where they THOUGHT I was), then I GRABBED Neltje's legs.
She YELPED. The room of 15 round tables and probably 50/75 people went dead quiet. I could only snicker as I stayed under the table and imagine the mortification she was experiencing.
Well, it got people to come to our table and talk to us, even though we're quite certain they all think we're terrible people behind our backs.
I nearly died on eating the meat because someone decided to say a really sarcastic phrase right as I was eating, so naturally I inhaled my food and spent 15 minutes trying not to die. :)
All in good fun.


Last to arrive, first to leave the ward party.
That's how we roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment